Lecturer, Ph.D. Institute of Physics of the Earth, Moscow, USSR, 1962
D.Sc. Institute of Physics of the Earth, Moscow, USSR, 1971
Professor of Geophysics, Russian Academy of Sciences (on leave)
Anatoli Levshin is a member of the Geophysics Group.
Dr. Levshin's research has included work in the theory of
seismic wave generation and propagation in the Earth, as
well as analysis and interpretation of observed seismic
fields. Applications include earthquake seismology on global and
regional scale, nuclear nonproliferation, seismic prospecting for mineral
deposits, and environmental monitoring.
He is especially interested in seismic surface and channel
His research at CU is dedicated to the surface wave
tomography of the crust and lithosphere of Eurasia, Antarctica, and
If you have questions,
comments or suggestions, email Anatoli Levshin at firstname.lastname@example.org
- "Surface and channel seismic waves", Nauka, Moscow (in Russian),
- "Seismic surface waves in a laterally inhomogeneous Earth",
Levshin, A. L., T. B. Yanovskaya, A. V. Lander, B. G. Bukchin, M.
P. Barmin, L. I. Ratnikova, and E. N. Its, (ed. V. I. Keilis-Borok),
Kluwer Publ., Dordrecht (1989).
- "Peculiarities of surface wave propagation across Central Eurasia",
Levshin, A. L., L. Ratnikova, and J. Berger,
Bull. Seism. Soc. Am. 82, 2464-2493 (1992).
- "The nature and cause of polarization anomalies of surface waves
crossing northern and central Eurasia", Levshin, A. L., M. H.
Ritzwoller, and L. I. Ratnikova, Geophys. J. Int. 117, 577-590 (1994).
- "Characteristics of surface waves generated by events on and near
the Chinese nuclear test site", Levshin, A. L. and M. H. Ritzwoller,
Geophys. J. Int. 123, 131-148 (1994).,
- "Surface wave tomography of China using surface waves at CDSN",
Wu, F. T. and A. Levshin, Phys. Earth Planet Inter. 84, No. 1-4,
59 -77 (1994).
- "Estimation of spatio-temporal source parameters for the 1988 Spitak,
Armenia, earthquake from broadband surface wave records", Bukchin, B. G.,
A. L. Levshin, L. I. Ratnikova, B. Dost, and G. Nolet, Computational Seismology and Geodynamics, 2, AGU, 156-161 (1994).
to Geophysics Group Home Page.